screen for operating system choice?

K

KMA

Ok..after lots of work fixing a botched xp puter....I managed to set the boot screens to ask me what operating system I want to use.
It's a Black screen like a Dos screen with white letters, and it comes before the "loading windows" screen..you know... the one with the blue bar that moves.

Anyway..I had some how made a new choice.. called "1" and want to do away with that AND loose that screen.

But I forgot how I got there to turn that on OR trun it off.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time.

Matt

Right click My Computer
Select Properties
Select the Advanced Tab
Select Startup and Recovery
Uncheck "Display List of Operating Systems..."

ok..I see that...but I also see that I have what looks like 2 sets of everything...It looks like my C drive has 2 windows on it.
How do I merge them or delete one of them?
With out losing anything.
Programs are there..but under the old user name.
any Ideas ?

Matt

Maybe this helps out...
"1" is my old system...with programs.
"Microsoft Windows XP Professional" is the new user that is blank

Matt

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="1"

not sure how you installed two operating system on 1 computer and 1 harddrive to the same folder, but I would just delete the line multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="1" and the dos promt should go away. and just load windows xp or if you are nervous about doing that I would just change the timeout=30
to something like 5sec or even 1 sec just put a 1 instead of a 30 and it will probally just load windows xp right away.
Polar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back