School Restrictions

Z

ZAnwar

Is there a way, to download Trillian in school. They have got a restriction from where ever I download it, CNET or the trillian website.

If you cannot get Trillian to bypass the security system, can I get the MSN Messenger to work on school PC's !

You will probably need to get permission from the schools admin. to save it to their puter.

Ahhh... that brings me back =)

Just a question... does ur school block the trillian website or just the download?

At my high school, they blocked the web address. To bypass this all we had to do was ping the website in question to get its IP address and used that instead of the DNS address.

The other method you could try is use a Proxy website. www.anonymiser.com and the like... did i spell that right?

I can work around getting into the site, (my own little tricks) but the download file has been blocked !

and what does that anonymiser link do !

how about using old good floppy disks? always works fine

the files are too big for floppy disks even if they are zipped

by passing any security thats been put in place by college/school admins is clased has Hacking/Cracking, and that kinda info wont be given away on this site.

use winrar... it has an option you can use to make different parts so theyll all fit on a floppy disk

if u use r.m poor u!!!

ur scool administrater can control exactly which web sites u can go on and filter specific files such as .exe so u can't download games etc. u can get round some websites just my puttin www.. instead of www. our network administater woz an absolute dick +filtered the words game, free, chat etc.msn/trillian won't work if u bring it in on disk cus it takes seconds 4 him 2 delete it +ban u from the server.:(

i no it's a bugger, someone else may no how 2 hack in past the security wall. the outher way is when school's use filters they add on a password to them in case they have 2 use that web site in the futre. when u get 2 the filtered screen if u enter the corect key securence/passwod the filter 4 that website is removed, but findin the corect key secuence/password is hard. ocasionally if it's a new computer the defalt settins haven't been changed so the password is sumin simple e.g r.m (by the way that's the defalt settin 4 all r.m's computers bios setup):D

Company/Institutions blocked sites, restrict access for a reason, to safeguard their systems. As we all know, the internet isn't a friendly place.

Trust me it is not worth it, I have tried many times but the proxyserver (your school is likely to have one) doesnt allow IM traffic, you cant do anything but surf. I managed to find a way to get Norton LiveUpdate to work by changing the Internet Explorer settings to "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections", its one of the tick boxes in the Advanced Section.

What's your security @ school? Does it use Symantec's IGEAR?

I know ours does, and it's easily bypassable :D

anything can be bypassed, jsut dont tell how on here ;)
lol

well thats prob true, but if WebSense is in place then you cant get to sites labeled as "Proxy Avoidance Systems"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back