Scanner ?

Bucky Badger

OSNN Addict
My dad called me yesterday and told me his scanner gives him this message " unable to select twain source" He has a Canon N1240u. we deleted the old drivers and reinstalled updated ones and stil get the same message. Does this sound like driver, scanner software or hardware. He is running XP Pro. Thanks

Have you tried rebooting with the scanner plugged in and then logging in as an administrator? Sounds like a driver problem though.

twain is a driver thing so it definitely has to be because of that. try checking canon and their driver/support section. maybe theres an even newer one then the ones hes got???

we went to the Canon site loast night and got the latest drivers, and we have rebooted several times with and without the scanner plugged in. :confused:

I have the same model scanner, and I can boot it up plugged into USB port or not - still fires up the same - does seem to sound like driver problem

(I run it via Photo studio 2000)

Has your dad added any new usb items lately? Try unplugging everything 'usb' except the scanner. Because it is a usb device you can 'hot' plug and unplug it (plug it in or unplug it while the machine is on). Hot plug it in and see if windows picks up the new usb device... if not you may have a bad usb port... try another port. Also check your device manager and make sure your usb controller and hub drivers are working properly.

try right click my computer>properties>hardware>device manager, see if is in there, or has exclamation mark.

If it's there, delete it then click scan for hardware changes. Might work, did on an old scanner from cannon which was usb i had a couple of years back.

I was having the same issue with my microtek. fixed it by del the software/drivers. then running regclean. after that went to the winnt or windows dir and del the twain and twunk32 files...rebooted reinstalled the drivers with the scanner disconnected then rebooted with the scanner connected and all fixed now. worked for me.

Phishhead A.k.A. Adobo said:
I was having the same issue with my microtek. fixed it by del the software/drivers. then running regclean. after that went to the winnt or windows dir and del the twain and twunk32 files...rebooted reinstalled the drivers with the scanner disconnected then rebooted with the scanner connected and all fixed now. worked for me.

Thanks we'll try that we have tried everything else. :)

Yeah, what phishhead said. Windows has it's own twain driver so you probably need to preplace that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back