Scanner Purchase Advice Please

M

muttznutz

Hello Iv'e got a Factory Pre-installed Win Xp works fine, all I am after is a little advice on a good compatible scanner to purchase, I will mainly be doing graphic design orianted work but it would be nice to able to scan a pice of printed work and it converts it to a text/word doc., I have been advised that such scanners exist.

Always worked with scanners supplied through work but never really gone out and bought one myself.

Buget is £150 top end.

P.S I am seeking out of the box ready to go scanner not interest in really chasing after patches,or add ondrivers to get the thing going.

Any advice recieved with thanks

Woof
The Mutt.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a Umax astra scan and thats 100% plug and play with windows xp ( no driver needed) all you do is install the ocr software and away you go..

Check out Microsofts Windows Catalogue and look at compatable Scanners see what takes your fancy, most of them come with ocr software (scan to text).

Link Below

Microsofts windows catalogue

--Nick--

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back