• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Scan disk after every restart !

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Chkdsk will run at boottime if the dirty bit is set [basically an error is detected]. There is no scan disk in XP.

Sorry.. the error-checking Utility !

Mainframeguy ---> Long story! I'll try and make it short! I work one day a week as an "IT GUY" ! There have been some computer problems happen that the error-checking fixed ! I cant make it out there often and I dont like explaining to people how to do it on the phone !! Short but sweet !!!
:p

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
OK my thinking is a simple script which you put in the startup...

I have not checked this out and you may also need to read this but so long as your remote users are in a situation where they are truly booting Xp I think this is very doable - after all utilities like partition magic do it all the time.

Sorry if this seems glib, but after you answered my question I fekt a duty to reply to back up my feeling although it is the wee small hours here and I am on my laptop so no time to back up my assertion with actual proof...

Let us know how it goes - I am sure a script may be forthcoming if you still have trouble

Jason Claiborne

OSNN Junior Addict
Greetings all...

sorry for the geeky bit here...

it's not actually chkdsk that runs at boot.... it's autocheck that runs and it launches chkdsk on the drive.

i think that, depending on your situation, you could create a login script that would kick off chkdsk during every boot, if you so choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies