SBS 2003 partitioning resizing question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

I have this DC (SBS2003), a dell poweredge 1600SC.

Anyways, it has 2x36gig mirror raided and partitioned in C:15gigs and D:20gigs.

The C: is full. I would to remove D: partition and extent C: to occupy the whole 36 gig HD's

Can I perform this from the Disk Manager? If not what can I use, maybe Gparted?

Thanks,

Heeter

The C:/ is NTFS.

I deleted the D: partition, now it is just free space.

Thanks,

Heeter

Not sure Windows has this ability although I could be wrong - may have to use something like Parition Magic or the like.

if it can handle ntfs you should be able to - i was going to suggest partition magic aswell :)

So the Disk Management can't perform this, that I must use PartitionMagic?

Why Not GParted?

Okay Thanks,

Heeter

UPDATE:

Hey All,

PartitionMagic doesn't work on Windows2003Server. Won't install on NT/2000Server/2003Server.

What a waste of money that was.......................

Gotta find something else, hopefully freeware now.

Heeter

Thanks will try that trail version now.

Heeter

Might be worth contacting Symantec and seeing if you can get a refund, but doubt they will go for it since it's not listed in the system requirements/compatability.

Sorry :(

say you bought it from a shop and the sales person said you could use it on server - shift the blame :p

The boss from this office I work at did the $70 download.

Heeter

I hear that many tools can resize partition, such as partition magic, GParted, disk director, easeus partition master….. As I know, partition magic doesn't support Windows Server 2003. I would like to use easeus partition master, it is simple and easy to resize SBS 2003 partition. Thanks easeus.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back