SBPCI128 + GeForce 2mx

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Right!
I have an AGP 32mb GeForce 2MX it came with this box, along with AC'97 on-board Audio, the on board audio was ok as far as on board goes, but whenever the board used a lot of resources the sound started to break up, so a friend offered me his old Sound Blaster PCI-128 card. Having installed the 128 i noticed when ever anything moves on screen it causes any sound playing (wav/mp3/ogg anything via any player) to skip or crackle. I since noticed that the Sound card and Graphics are sharing the same IRQ (7) so tried adjusting bios settings, but windows puts them on the same IRQ again..just not 7, i tried moving the card to every different slot and yet still nothing helps.

As my stats aren't in my sig, here they are :
Single AMD 1002Mhz CPU
384mb PC133 Memory 2xOEM 1xKingston
Fujitsi MPG3409AT 40.9GB 5400rpm Hard Disk
Fujitsi MPG3204AT 20.4GB 5400rpm Hard Disk
Samsung CD-R/RW SW-408B (8x8x32)
LiteOn DVD-Rom 16x
Hauppauge WinTV GO Card
Creative Sound Blaster PCI128 (WDM)
USB D-Link NetQCam Pro 350 Plus
17" Hansol 710P @ 1600x1200 @ 72hz
nVidia 32mb AGP GeForce 2 MX
USRobotics Sportster Flash PnP 56k External Modem

What i want to know is if anyone else has suffered from this and found a solution, or if anyone can suggest something i should try to resolve this...

Same IRQ:s should no longer be a problem but there's no guarantee.

Yes, shouldn't be!

but its the only thing i can narrow it down to!
  • I've got the very latest XP drivers for both cards
  • I've tried bios IRQ settings
  • ive moved the card to every PCI slot
  • it doesnt happen to sound coming through the line-in
  • it doesnt happen in linux
so im stuffed if i know what to do...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back