First, PC Specs:

Athlon 1.1 GHZ
768 MB PC 133 RAM
ASUS A7V133
Creative GeForce 2 GTS 32 MB
SBLive! Value
US Robotics 56k
WinXP

So anyway, I recently upgraded my 600 to what you see above. The sound for some reason keeps coming up with glitches when I listen to my mp3. Like little kinks in the music. It happens with the boot up noise to. CDs play fine for the most part, but if I have music going while I open Windows Explorer or Outlook Express 6 the sound starts to break down and then sounds 'fine' once the program is done loading.

I have a crapload of fast ram, a fast processor, the latest drivers, so whats going on? I also tried the SBLive! drivers at xperience.org that someone on another forum had claimed fixed errors that sounded similar to mine.

I don't seem to notice it in games. I also tried turning down some of the visuals options, but that doesn't seem to get rid of the problem. Every time I start a new mp3 the slight 'glitch' (sounds sorta like a scratch/desync) occurs throughout a mostly clear piece of sound. The speakers are fine, I just got them. I am pretty sure its a resource/driver thing since it gets worse when I open applications like IE and Outlook Express 6.

Suggestions?

I fixed it.

I changed the Computer in Hardware Profile to Standard Computer, Uninstalled the sound and joystick drivers, then rebooted, then let things work themselves out.

Found the answers like 6 pages back. Least it works yay.

i would put it back on acpi

what fixed it for you was when you moved the sound card to another slot, not un installing acpi. and there are new drivers for the sblive too. what causes it is the pci banwidth, soundcards
use a ton of pci bandwidth. and the sblive drivers arent optimized
to well.you actually take a performance loss when you change it to standard. although its not a huge diff. if ur sblive was in the slot right under ur agp slot, that was the prob. that slot is a hog.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back