SBLive drivers

E

ElectricBrain

Recently, Creative has updated their SBLive drivers for XP. But after i installed it, my comp kept getting BSODs, so now i need to find the older versions. Does anyone know a site that archives sound card drivers? I need the 2nd and 3rd newest.

Also, i just want the drivers, not the full package crap.

I semi-fixed the problem by doing a driver roll back but now, AudioHQ doesnt work correctly cuz its still the new AudioHQ and its not compatable with the older drivers.

Creative Labs sux ass and has not wriiten a decent driver in years.

Originally posted by ElectricBrain
Recently, Creative has updated their SBLive drivers for XP. But after i installed it, my comp kept getting BSODs, so now i need to find the older versions. Does anyone know a site that archives sound card drivers? I need the 2nd and 3rd newest.

Also, i just want the drivers, not the full package crap.

I semi-fixed the problem by doing a driver roll back but now, AudioHQ doesnt work correctly cuz its still the new AudioHQ and its not compatable with the older drivers.

I still have my original CD from when I purchased my SB Live 5.1 Platinum. I can make an image of it and send it to you. Just messgae me via ICQ if you want it.

I would agree that SB sucks, but that was until I got an Audigy.

Well, its working fine now, so I dont think transferring a whole cd over ICQ will be worth it :p

But im wondering, if i disable AudioHQ, does that affect the EAX effects in games?

It shouldn't, but it might. Never disabled it. The offer still stands, if you want the image, plus I'll set up an ftp so you can leech it if need be. Good luck!

i think creative soundcard realli sux.... even the new driver causing problem...

I downloaded them from the SB site and not having a spot of trouble....Working great

I have the SB Live Platinum 5.1 installed with XP.. i fixed the hang up on shut down with the devldr.exe file, but when i run the new xp drivers from creative, all works but my remote? I have loaded it every which but tomorrow, and it still comes up as " Does Not detect Remote Control, Make sure it is installed. Anyone help or any ideas? Thanks :)

Installed the new drivers on 2 separate WinXP Pro systems, one with SBLive Value and one with SBLive 5.1 Gamer - no problems at all and they work great. They fix the "bug" where 4, 5.1 speaker settings would not load on startup.

new drivers

I installed the new drivers 2 days ago and everything is great! But, I only downloaded and installed the drivers, not all of that extra BS software...

Bretenn and open_source, dont waste peoples time with useless comments like that. If you dont like Creative of SB then buy something else and shut up.

I've also updated my sbLive! platinum with the new one from creative, and now i have a sblive value card in device manager. has anyone an idea why this is so?

thx for help

Originally posted by ElectricBrain
Well, its working fine now, so I dont think transferring a whole cd over ICQ will be worth it :p

But im wondering, if i disable AudioHQ, does that affect the EAX effects in games?

Yes you CAN disable AudioHQ.. its just a folder centralising the various SBlive apps..like EAX effects and mixer settings.

But they are alwaz available from the startmenu program folder..so you lose nothing by disabling it..

Stuy_b

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back