SB Live! Value - Red Faction / Harry Potter

W

wildmage

Has anyone else had sound problems in with XP Pro with the above?

In Harry Potter the sound is completely distorted and in Red Faction it's like the EAX is on overdrive - super echoey.

Mind you all other games I'm running EAX or not are fine.

Any ideas - I'm using the Windows Updated driver 5.1.2601.0

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried to use the latest official Creative drivers? These works great for me!

Updated after posting - no difference - same problems.

I had the same problems myself

Just wondering do you have any hard drives on a raid controller as most people with soundblaster live cards and have their hard drives installed on their raid report having sound problems, including no sound, poor sound, scratchy sound, etc..

This problem can be sorted by installing latest via drivers for xp.

just plain silly

sorry, but that is just plain silly. I run a soundblaster card in a system with multiple drives and a RAID card (as do several of my friends) and none of us have ever heard of an issue because you have a sound card in a system with a RAID card. I can't even understand HOW you've tied the two together......

also, if it is cured by installing new via drivers...sounds like the culprit is the motherboard itself.......

Via web site

I checked the VIA web site, and it was a known issue with soundblaster live cards as well as certain geforce cards, I installed the via 4in1 drivers, sorted my sound probs, straight after my re-boot.

It has also sort many other peoples soundcards (not just soundblasters) probs on raid controllers, you can find refs to these on the KT7 forums, creative forums and other XP related fourms. Do a search and check yourself. I do not no why this worked, but as I said it has worked for me and countless other people and these were fixes by via, abit and creative.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back