• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SB Live! Value - Red Faction / Harry Potter

W

wildmage

Has anyone else had sound problems in with XP Pro with the above?

In Harry Potter the sound is completely distorted and in Red Faction it's like the EAX is on overdrive - super echoey.

Mind you all other games I'm running EAX or not are fine.

Any ideas - I'm using the Windows Updated driver 5.1.2601.0

Thanks in advance.

S

Sidnuts

I had the same problems myself

Just wondering do you have any hard drives on a raid controller as most people with soundblaster live cards and have their hard drives installed on their raid report having sound problems, including no sound, poor sound, scratchy sound, etc..

This problem can be sorted by installing latest via drivers for xp.

W

wrangler

just plain silly

sorry, but that is just plain silly. I run a soundblaster card in a system with multiple drives and a RAID card (as do several of my friends) and none of us have ever heard of an issue because you have a sound card in a system with a RAID card. I can't even understand HOW you've tied the two together......

W

wrangler

also, if it is cured by installing new via drivers...sounds like the culprit is the motherboard itself.......

S

Sidnuts

Via web site

I checked the VIA web site, and it was a known issue with soundblaster live cards as well as certain geforce cards, I installed the via 4in1 drivers, sorted my sound probs, straight after my re-boot.

It has also sort many other peoples soundcards (not just soundblasters) probs on raid controllers, you can find refs to these on the KT7 forums, creative forums and other XP related fourms. Do a search and check yourself. I do not no why this worked, but as I said it has worked for me and countless other people and these were fixes by via, abit and creative.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix