SB Live Value Problems

C

cdeste

I recently purchased a Soundblaster Live! Value because my old sound card wasnt very compatible with xp. I know the SB Live is compatible becuase i know several people that use it with xp, but when i put it in my pc all i get is static. Ive tried 3 different pci slots, uninstalled it a couple times and used drivers from microsoft and creative labs. I am also set in Standard PC mode. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Once you find out the problem let me know. I have the same problem. Only with EAX enabled. In fact to really be honest with you it only happens in Half Life.

Have you downloaded the lastest drivers?

can u give us a list of hardwares in ur computer...?

i have:

PIII 450
256 MB Ram
TNT2 Ultra
Plextor 24/10/40
Intel Mobo
SB Live! Value
IBM 15gb 5400 / 60gb 7200

ive got the same soundcard in my system, and it works fine.

my system spec is
PIII 750
QDI BrillianX 1S/2000 (Intel 440BX Chipset)
384mb RAM
Geforce 2mx 32mb
Pioneer 16x DVD Slot
Plextor 16x10x40x
Promise Ultra100 TX/2
Some natty NIC
Quantum 30gb

i only posted to see if my spec compared to his spec could minimise some of the possible problems? (i.e. both got intel chipsets an so it might not be that? etc)

Yeah

It works fine on mine as well.

AMD Tbird 700
Asus K7V
SB Live! Value
GeForce 2 Ti
384 MB SDRAM
16x Pioneer DVD

Your speaker output may be set to digital instead of analog or vice versa. Set it to whatever your speakers are. The setting is burried deep somewhere under the volume controls.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back