SB Live Value not recognized

P

purush

I bought an SB Live value sound card for my daughter, and it came with a CD software, but when tried to install. It says that it cannot find a sound card. On further investigation, I am told that my card is a OEM version and therefore will not be able to install the drivers from Creative. Right now, Microsoft's googy driver seems to have been installed. How can I install the original creative drivers ? I shall be much obliged if someone could help.
Thanks

Hi m8
I have sbl OEM too, and have never had a problem with it at all. First make sure that it is not conflicting with other hardware and that the irq you are using is ok. Sometimes it will not show, so force the bios to reserve the pci slot otherwise you won't be able to change the irq.
Second, go to creative labs site and download the latest drivers for your operating system ( about 5mb's large ).
install the new drivers etc.

ejm

Ref: SB Live OEM

Thanks for your reply, but how do I make sure if the irq is 'O.K.'. Secondly, I tried downloading drivers from creative labs and they don't install. It says 'cannot find the sound card' or something to the effect. Hope you will kindly clarify this a little further please.
Peter

aw man...tell me about it oem cards are a pain in the ass. id be happy to help. i used to have the oem version of the card (dell's version) and i still have the driver cd. id be happy to post the installer in my webspace (if i have enough). or if not, then PM me to give me some kind of contact so i can send u the necessary files.

If it is unable to find your soundcard, try putting it in a different PCI slot.

If it can't find card after changing PCI slots, than I think you bought a lemon.

To do what I said in previous post, is trial and error.
Before I had asus pen4 1.6ghz m/b and it all installed perfectly. then I upgraded to asus pen 4 2.4 ghz m/b and I had problems with sound (all cards were in the same slots). There were no error messages in the device manager except for my Studio analog out. (still there)
I changed settings in bios, changed settings in windows and it worked.

ejm

Purush

What operating system are you using? You did not say. Win 98, Win XP, Linux, etc.

Also did you follow the instructions in the readme on the CD? Sometimes you have to install before you plug in the card.

And for Linux or Win 98 there may be other steps required.

I'm using the white box SB live value also, It auto installed with Win XP I think. It was almost 2 years so the memory is fading...

I've had problems with OEM too. I emailed Creative technical support closest to me and they sent me a Driver CD which fixed up everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back