Sb Live! Lagging sound in games

Helmer

Questions R me
and when starting applications while listening to mp3's slows the system down and makes the sound lag.

So anyone know a fix to this? I'm running with the latest drivers from the official site, but that's not helping :(

------------------
System Information
------------------
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6702
BIOS: Version 07.00T
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 Ti 4200
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SB Live! Audio [DC00]
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0252 (English)

I have creative SB live player 1024 and don't notice this. The only thing I do notice is at their web update site, it tells me I don't have any creative devices installed.

I spose you could uninstall and use the drivers from windows update and not use creatives wdm driver just their software.

Have you just recently updated to DirectX 9.0c?? It could be this, I know some people have had a problem with Cubase type Apps because of it

twi-fi: Yes, but the problem was there before the 9.0c release

fantasi, thanks, I'll try it out! :)

Maybe try moving it to another PCI slot, especially if it's sharing an IRQ with your video card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back