SB Live drivers

ntentz

FingerBanger
Hey i want to try different drivers for my sb live 5.1 and the creative drivers are kinda funny sometimes, i know i have read of other drivers but dont have link nor remember the name to search for. I know someone knows of these any comments pro or con are welcomed also. Thanx

moved thread from Graphics cards section to Other hardware....

Sazar

Hey kreation thanks im goin over now to check um out and give them a try.

Originally posted by kreation
The best Drivers you can get are the KX project drivers, these will give you the lowest latency with the SB cards, I use them with my SB Live Platinum and they work extremely well.

http://kxproject.spb.ru/index.php?skip=1

Nice, thanks. I'll throw those bad boys on my alternate workstation with a SB Live! 5.1.

I heard the kx drivers dont support 3d app's ? so in a game you loose 2 channel's is this true?

I have been using these since just after my post like 8 days or so, and it took me a few minutes to get the config right and get the 5.1 workin but after that no troubles i played with the front rear swap feature and i must say i get better surround sound now the can hear the rears with the balance set to the middle, I used to set it heavy on the rears just to hear them. I am be no means and audiophile i guess, im simple long as it plays im happy kind thing, but i must say my mp3s do seem to sound alittle better overall, can hear the instruments better less mushy i guess. And as for gaming I been playing desesrt combat and All my channels work my green friend so give um a try. Thanks for the link again im very happy so far but i wont get into latency and all that jsut sounds better lol.

Hey great stuff these drivers work fine after all , thanks for the heads up :D

hey do you need to do anything special like uninstall the previous drivers first

Well yes that is always a good thing to do no matter what your playing with , so yes uninstall the previous drivers and reboot as it ask's , and then just double click the install.exe and it will walk you through . ;)

just installed them rebooted and now I have no sound...anything special to do with these drivers

looking at the config but is really confusing...have 2 satelites and a subwoofer

Originally posted by kreation
The best Drivers you can get are the KX project drivers, these will give you the lowest latency with the SB cards, I use them with my SB Live Platinum and they work extremely well.

http://kxproject.spb.ru/index.php?skip=1

I just saw this post this morning, and I'm using the drivers now. Wow! After Creative and their awful driver support, I'm glad to find something that works beautifully :) Thanks, kreation!

Tuffgong4: By "have 2 satellites and a subwoofer" I assume you mean that you have that setup. I think the KX drivers default to 2.1, because I wasn't getting 5.1 at first and had to reset them. Try reinstalling the drivers.

General
Front and Rear speakers are swapped by default (this is intentional) - explanation why here.
The default speaker configuration is 'Stereo' (2.0) -- you can change this setting by tweaking the 'Surrounder' options.
EAX/EAX2.0/EAX3.0 not fully supported.
No DirectSound3D support (2D emulation only).
MIDI synth volume control may not function in realtime.
If you have ACPI-aware system you may need to disable it. Refer to ACPI guide for details.

I was right about the 3d though it only emulates it in 2d

but they work fine I am not knocking them the configuration is going to be tougher for the non experimented computer user, but they seem to have tons of options to play with , just the way I like things LOL :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back