Saving word 2003 files to view on word 2000?

SuperModelRobot

OSNN Addict
I seem to be having a bit of a problem saving from word 2003 and cant seem to view it in word 2000 without files missing and stuff. am i saving in the wrong format, ive tried em all, can some one please help??

the best way to go backwards with word documents is to save as .RTF

What type of document are you creating, something with tables that can be viewed as HTML?

yea its like a list of items on one side and a description on the other side. i saved as html, but it makes it harder to e-mail, i would zip it, but my who im sending it to doesnt know anything and would get hurt tying to figure it out..

Well that means you somewhat did it correctly. Instead of having to save as .html, or zip it, the file has stripped all the stuff down and included everything you need.

The only bummer is that you may not be able to send a file that is 10mb, and if you can, they might not be able to receive it..

When I said something about publishing to the web, didn't know if you had a website or webspace you can host it on.

The reason the file is so large is because you are maximizing compatibility, meaning it is going to work with every version of Word.

Chief is telling you to save it as RTF (Rich Text Format). That'll work with Word and Wordpad of all versions.

cool :)

Glad it worked out for you, and welcome to OSNN

Appears I'm too late - was just going to mention the Word 2003 Viewer. Glad you got it sorted anywho.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back