Saving JPG Files in IE6

K

King_Windom

I am running Windows XP with of course IE6. Lately when I try to save a JPG
file It is saved as a JPEG file ( I know they are the same but I have
several apps that will not read this ext. including the IE6 save dialog.)
This just started happening. I cannot think of any changes that I made that
would have caused this. It appears to be unrelated to the only can save as
BMP problem, I have tried those fixes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
fix this other than manually changing each file extension?

Thanks in advance Dan

This isn't a answer the the problem just a Q/

wait? the programs will not read the file if it is jpeg, but if you rename it manually to jpg it reads it? have you tried just opening the files in the app? I just can't think of any app that would discriminate because of the ending when it is a support file type, or are you trying to say when you double click on the jpeg files they don't auto open cause the app is not associated with them.

If the file I am trying to save has the extension .jpg Internet Explorer changes it to JPEG when I try to save it. This never happened before. The save picture dialog in IE^ does not show the filenames of JPEG files saved. I'm just trying to figure out why the extension gets changed and how to stop it from happening.
Thanks for reading my posts and tryuing to figure out what I am asking. DAN

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back