Saving iTunes

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
My daughters PC is dying and she wants to know if there's a way to say all her iTunes music. She has a laptop in which to put everything until she can get a new PC but doesn't know how to go about getting them off the PC to the laptop. Has anyone does this before and how do you do it?

depends on where the itunes folder is, here its in the my documents folder - D:\_Private\My Music\iTunes - save all the files and folders in there, make sure you have show hidden files and folders on

should do the trick

Carpo is correct: Backup the iTunes music folder. Once you have a new computer you simply copy the iTunes folder back and you will have to authorize that computer before you are able to play the tunes again. Once you authorize the new computer you will be all set.

Ok, I was able to save her iTunes folder but all the songs she purchased it says they can't play on this PC, how do I save or move those songs to this laptop?

You need to authorize the new computer before playing. I forget which menu has the option but I know it's there.

i can see such an option under store - dont know if thats to allow the store or not - as there is another option under advanced

Also, if you or she ever want to strip the DRM, you can always use MyFairTunes.

So, if someone buys something from itunes, itunes doesn't keep track and allow you to download the song again if something happens to the storage device?

???

So, if someone buys something from itunes, itunes doesn't keep track and allow you to download the song again if something happens to the storage device?

???
No Sir, but does nag you to backup your music. :)

Be careful, I believe you are only allowed to switch computer three? times before you are not allowed to do it anymore.

Be careful, I believe you are only allowed to switch computer three? times before you are not allowed to do it anymore.
You can switch as many times as you want to as long as you deactivate previous computers.

Call Apple what...? A Pear, an Orange? Oooo, a Grapefruit. :lick:

i was going to post a response like that but thought against it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back