Saving iTunes

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
My daughters PC is dying and she wants to know if there's a way to say all her iTunes music. She has a laptop in which to put everything until she can get a new PC but doesn't know how to go about getting them off the PC to the laptop. Has anyone does this before and how do you do it?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
depends on where the itunes folder is, here its in the my documents folder - D:\_Private\My Music\iTunes - save all the files and folders in there, make sure you have show hidden files and folders on

should do the trick

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Carpo is correct: Backup the iTunes music folder. Once you have a new computer you simply copy the iTunes folder back and you will have to authorize that computer before you are able to play the tunes again. Once you authorize the new computer you will be all set.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Ok, I was able to save her iTunes folder but all the songs she purchased it says they can't play on this PC, how do I save or move those songs to this laptop?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
You need to authorize the new computer before playing. I forget which menu has the option but I know it's there.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i can see such an option under store - dont know if thats to allow the store or not - as there is another option under advanced

Petros

Thief IV
Also, if you or she ever want to strip the DRM, you can always use MyFairTunes.

Sazar

Rest In Peace
So, if someone buys something from itunes, itunes doesn't keep track and allow you to download the song again if something happens to the storage device?

???

Xie

- geek -
So, if someone buys something from itunes, itunes doesn't keep track and allow you to download the song again if something happens to the storage device?

???
No Sir, but does nag you to backup your music. :)

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
Be careful, I believe you are only allowed to switch computer three? times before you are not allowed to do it anymore.

penguin

g0t r00t?
Be careful, I believe you are only allowed to switch computer three? times before you are not allowed to do it anymore.
You can switch as many times as you want to as long as you deactivate previous computers.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Call Apple what...? A Pear, an Orange? Oooo, a Grapefruit. :lick:

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i was going to post a response like that but thought against it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moussa021