Satellite Card

That is nice, but I have noticed there are much better cards out there.

I am now asking what you guys think is the best one out there, or what you recommend?

POST MORE NOW!

I almost bought a FTA receiver. This is a thousand times better.

POST MORE NOW!

I almost bought a FTA receiver. This is a thousand times better.
I can't undertand how a card can revieve satalite signals, why would their be a dish for a house when they could just use an antenae the size of a pc card

or is this some online thingy

I can't undertand how a card can revieve satalite signals, why would their be a dish for a house when they could just use an antenae the size of a pc card

The card provides a little power to the LNBF switch. Just point the thing in the right direction and you can get any signal, and decode anything that's encrypted if you know where to find the keys...

If anyone needs written help setting up, I installed systems for a number of years, dish network and non-commercial.

Last edited:

You still have to plug in the satellite cable into the card.

Yea so as I posted in my other thread I ended up buying the

AzureWave AD-SE200 Twinhan 1028 Satellite HDTV PCI Card

and this is the newest card from (well there are a couple) Twinhan and unless I read wrong it does everything I am looking for. I hope there wasen't a better card and better deal out there.

So I just got my satellite card in the mail today,

the AzureWave DVB-S PCI-E Card.

Now on the box and everywhere it says PCI-E, but when I look at the card it don't look like my video card PCI-E or anything such as that?

Its a pci card I am sure

PCI interface• Bus: PCI 2.2 Compliant

Stick it in any pci slot its not pci express its the old PCI

The picture looks likea PCI-e X1 slot card. It will work in any PCI-e slot. X1, X8, X16. But putting it in higher than an x1 is a waste.

Even the lowly PCI-e x1 is much faster than the old PCI slots.

DEFINITELY not an old style PCI card.

Let me know how it works out. Looks interesting.
Does it require a special dish?
Do you have to point it at a specific satelite or does it just pick up scatter off the network/cable satellite receivers?

It can't be using signals of of DISh or directTV. They are all encrypted. So that means it probably has commercials in the shows. I can live with this if enough channels are available.

GET it hooked up. WE WANT A REVIEW ASAP. I need something to spend my tax reabte on.

Wait. Ontario? Is this something that only works in Canada? :(

Last edited:
I have been using an HD reciever for my tv for awhile now and it works pretty great. Yes there are commercials, its basically normal TV. So I can, or can't put it in PCI?

I will take a picture of it and maybe you can tell further. And once I have it setup I will do a review type thing lol. And the dish needs to point to the correct area (pretty much any dish, that is not encrypted) and the cable goes to the card. Simple.

The link you posted showed a PCI-e x1 card that needs either a short or long pci-e card slot. Regular PCI isn't compatible.

But lets see the card to make sure.

Here is the card that I got.

To me that does not look PCI-E but everything says it is....maybe my idea on what PCI-E is, is wrong..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea don't PCI-E have that little thing at the end, where the clip clicks onto it? That does not have it?

old pci would have the connectors (gold things at the bottom of the card) in 3 sections, on all the pci-e cards i have seen - and the spare 8600gt i have sitting on the floor it only has 2 gold connection terminals on it, and the clip thing you speak of i think is norm on graphics cards

Ahh ic ic, thanks for the info. Now I need to test if my PCI-E slot is dead, to be sure. My second video card would never work there, and the one I have now don't work there, but maybe it has to do with video cards. Is there a way to test if it is dead? All I have read is if you plug it in, it should be detected, if it works. Yet, I don't trust that by itself...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back