Satelite Modem?

M

Mr Dead

Ive always had my NTL 512/128 k broadband cable modem since I bought my first pc around 2 yrs ago after seeing a friends in action. My problem now is im moving house to an area where cable and ADSL arent available. I really dont think I could handle a dial-up connection after an all broadband experience so my only other option seems to be a sateilte connection.

So does anyone have any experience of these type of connections in the UK, what to they cost to install, monthly cost and what sort of download speeds am I likely to get?

Ive had a browse around found a few companies but no one mentions any prices which worries me!!!!

euhm....maybe this will help a bit, i've read somewhere that speeds reach up to 700 K, don't know about the rest of it

P.s. just found SATDRIVE at www.satdrive.com, has anyone had any experience with these or comments?

only a 1 way connection so online gaming is out (I can live with that) and a hefty £399 for the package including all needed bits.

BUT UP TO 4 MB/S DOWNLOAD SPEED FOR £15 A MONTH!!!!!

That would be great for all those large downloads from filesharers like Edonkey which split the download between several users.

If you do'nt have access to anything else then you need it...

I was in that situation and used a dish...
They do have quirks,,,
Thay are'nt reliable,,,
4mb/s is it's VERY VERY VERY maximum,,,
the speed depends heavily on the weather...

You mentioned DL and not UPL,,, so I gonna assume that it still takes the phone line and has the usual 56k upload speed...

Compared to "regular" dial up,,, it's much better...

That is my only solution for broadband with BT, but it costs a fortune :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back