Satelite Broadband

M

Mr Dead

Sorry this is the second time I posted this but I didnt get much help last time!!

Im moving to an area with no cable/dsl option, dont think I can handle a dial-up so satelite seems the only option!!!

Anyone have one of these connections, worth the money? what sort of download speeds do you get on average?

Ive had a look at www.satdrive.com, seems well priced at £15 a month for up to 4mb/s download speed but costs nearly £400 for the equipment!!!!!!!!! and its only a 1 way connection so I suppose you still need the dial-up for uploading..

Any help at all would be appreciated.

p.s. I checked the ADSL availablity search and it says only 42 people have registered interest and at least 400 are needed before the exxhange is upgraded!!!

I thought we did help,,, My bad...

Satellite is unreliable,,, see other thread for my experience,,, but if it's your ONLY option then you have to use it... And then it IS worth it...

if it is your only option like MiseryQv2.1 said, then go with it, your upload will still be dial up I believe, but downloads should be fast, weather plays a big roll in the scheme if it's raining or snowing you might loss the connection, so no Internet for you.

hope this answers the question and you ain't forced to open a new thread, I would hate that, j/k

:cool:

Originally posted by Mr Dead
p.s. I checked the ADSL availablity search and it says only 42 people have registered interest and at least 400 are needed before the exxhange is upgraded!!!

If this is BT I thought it was 50, but if you are not scheduled for teh update it won't arrive any time soon either...
In my area there is even less interest :(

Thanks 4 the help everyone, wont open another thread honestly!!!

SW_big.gif

I am right on the damn line!

Satellite isn't that bad. On good days it will almost feel like DSL. Heavy weather days will result in rainfade effects( no signal ). I use direcPc and my Average download speed is 30k-80k. When God is smiling I'll hit 150-190k. Is it better than dial-up. Yes. Can it hold you over until something better comes along. Yes. Will you still want to go faster. yes.

find a buddy that lives within a few miles that has broadband and set up urself a pringles can wireless hack

heheh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back