Satelite Broadband

M

Mr Dead

Sorry this is the second time I posted this but I didnt get much help last time!!

Im moving to an area with no cable/dsl option, dont think I can handle a dial-up so satelite seems the only option!!!

Anyone have one of these connections, worth the money? what sort of download speeds do you get on average?

Ive had a look at www.satdrive.com, seems well priced at £15 a month for up to 4mb/s download speed but costs nearly £400 for the equipment!!!!!!!!! and its only a 1 way connection so I suppose you still need the dial-up for uploading..

Any help at all would be appreciated.

p.s. I checked the ADSL availablity search and it says only 42 people have registered interest and at least 400 are needed before the exxhange is upgraded!!!

M

MiseryQv2.1

I thought we did help,,, My bad...

Satellite is unreliable,,, see other thread for my experience,,, but if it's your ONLY option then you have to use it... And then it IS worth it...

Iceman

OSNN Veteran Addict
if it is your only option like MiseryQv2.1 said, then go with it, your upload will still be dial up I believe, but downloads should be fast, weather plays a big roll in the scheme if it's raining or snowing you might loss the connection, so no Internet for you.

hope this answers the question and you ain't forced to open a new thread, I would hate that, j/k

:cool:

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by Mr Dead
p.s. I checked the ADSL availablity search and it says only 42 people have registered interest and at least 400 are needed before the exxhange is upgraded!!!
If this is BT I thought it was 50, but if you are not scheduled for teh update it won't arrive any time soon either...
In my area there is even less interest :(

Kevin Ar18

OSNN Senior Addict
Originally posted by Mr Dead
What is the website for that?

D

Demonsaint

Satellite isn't that bad. On good days it will almost feel like DSL. Heavy weather days will result in rainfade effects( no signal ). I use direcPc and my Average download speed is 30k-80k. When God is smiling I'll hit 150-190k. Is it better than dial-up. Yes. Can it hold you over until something better comes along. Yes. Will you still want to go faster. yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut