SATA prob...

well i did it anyway and stil no luck...i'm hoping it's worth it if i EVER get this sorted

i guess even though the sata ports are native to the southbridge, xp's install still won't recognize them. i only know one way to get around this.

your board should have come with a driver floppy for the silicon image controller. if so, enable it and put the sata disk on one of the SI ports. then boot from the xp cd and when it says "press F6 to install scsi or raid drivers", press F6 and 30 seconds later it will ask you to specify. put the floppy in and select the right driver and go from there. the install should go fine and once it's up and running with new 4in1 drivers installed, you should be able to move the drive back onto the southbridge ports and disable the SI.

good luck. :)

Just to let you know that Silicon Sataraid Drivers are not signed as tested by Microsoft ,as in Sil 3112/3114. and seem rather suspect.
Some boards might be happy with them, my Gigabyte was not.
I had so much trouble with "now you see it now you dont" with this driver and Maxtor 120 SATA drive in XP that I removed the
drive.

thanks again taurus...i'm on at last! i moved it onto the VIA one once everything was installed (my god it installed fast!) but it still didn't like it so i'm leaving it on this one, everything seems fine atm...thanks again

no problem. glad you got it working.

i would look into getting the via ports working, though. the SI chip runs off the pci bus so it's limited to 133mb/sec of bandwidth and shares it with all your other pci devices. not to mention the increased latency involved with going through the pci bus.

the via ports have their own dedicated bandwidth directly to the southbridge so the drive would perform best on them. just fyi.
:)

oh ok, i'll see if i can get it sorted then...and i don't think i have anything else going through the pci thing, there's no pci cards anyway...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back