sata install question

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
i purchased a new WD 250 sata drive. setup: the sata drive is the "master" or OS install. but i have another 250gig HDD that is an IDE connection. if i connect the sata drive and the IDE drive the pc will not boot. says that it needs to find a bootable drive. why is that i cannot have these 2 drives connected at the same time? the IDE is marked as a slave.

Mobo = K8N
Western digital gig 300 mb sec. ( jumper is set to use 150mb sec.) motherboard does not support sata 2.

2nd HDD is a 250 gig Maxtor IDE drive.

Is the IDE drive set up as a bootable system drive? If yes, Windows does not like finding two bootable drives.

Other than that having a non bootable second drive on IDE should not be an issue.

after over an hour trying to firgure this out, i found that i had to change the boot device HDD. the boot "sequence" was only showing the IDE drive. i found a way to change the IDE drive to show the SATA drive. all is good. thanks the help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back