SATA Data Corruption

Bluke

OSNN Newbie
I did a search for this and found it to be a problem among users with SATA drives not being detected and not able to install windows.

I had that problem but I worked around it by getting a small IDE hard drive to put my operating system on, I tried using the driver disk with the windows install for the SATA drive but it still couldn't find it. I used the disk once windows installed and installed the SATA and now can see it in windows.

SO...I have windows installed and trying to use the SATA as a storage drive but all my data is corupted on it. So I reformatted it in NTFS and tried again, anything that I download or install on it just gets corrupted. I tested the theory by downloading the same files and using them on the smaller drive and they work.

I am using a 120 Gig Hitachi Deskstar SATA on a Soltek K8tpro motherboard. I'm positve that everything is hooked up correctly but I'm having alot of issues with it. Especially if I try o use anything on that drive it just crashes my system. Anyone else with these problems or could offer some help to make that SATA my main drive and stable? I was just hoping it wasn't a bad drive?

AMD64 3000+
Soltek SLKT8PRO
Hitachi Deskstar 120 SATA
512 Giel DDR500
Nvidia 6600GT PCI-E
Thermaltake Pure Power 420WATT

Seems I fixed the problem!

Just in case someone does the same mistake as I did.

There are 4 SATA ports on my computer...2 are onboard native they are black and were hard to see. The other 2 were controlled by promise and were setup in raid. So when it only saw one hard drive I believe it might of only wrote half the information acting as if it were in raid mode. I finally checked it and was wondering where those other 2 on-board sata controllers were then I spotted them. Plugged my hard drive in and now I'm crusing at very fast speeds. hope I help someone out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back