sapisvr keeps crashing my xp and types by it self!!

A

azdadon

is ther anyway of fukin deleting it. i always hav to end task.i need a way of deleting or disabling it pleaz.

same thing happened to me! I'm guessing you just installed Plus!, didn't you?? :)

Solution:
Disable speech recognition. For some reason, after installing Plus! and setting up voice command, WinXP turns on voice recognition, even after you've exited voice command. That service you mentioned was eating up 99% of my CPU, you wouldn't believe how slow my AthlonXP 1800+ was acting!!

I was able to turn it off by removing Voice Recognition as an available input method. To do that... uhh I'm actually at work right now so I'm not sure but I'll edit this post tonight at home. It's fairly simple to do (removing voice recognition), just go to Control Panel|Regional and Language Options, then get into your language input options, and remove it from the available input options list. I'll edit tonight with more detailed instructions if you can't find it in the meantime... Anyway once I did that, the voice recognition service stopped but the Plus! Voice Command still worked!

mavis

temp solution

While mavis clues us in on how to fully disable the thing, switching off your microphone will stop the damn thing. from automatically typing.

Weshy.

actually, disabling the mic didnt work (for me, anyway) :)

mavis

Really??

lol that seems strange. Cos as soon as I turned off my mic, the autotyping stopped. Strange.......

Weshy.

yeah it was definately weird.

The other thing is, I still wanted to be able to use the mic for Plus! Voice Command, and I didn't want to have to enable/plug in/whatever the mic every time... By disabling Voice Recognition in Language Options, I was able to keep the mic active and still able to use Voice Command. Although, come to think of it, I recently set up Voice Recognition for Office XP Professional... works fine... or maybe I've reinstalled WinXP Pro since I had the proble...

Whatever. It's confusing me.

:)

mavis

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back