News Samsung Teases 'iPad Killer'

Samsung have released the first glimpse of their new Galaxy Tab tablet computer, purporting to be the first "iPad killer" to hit the market since the release of Apple's iPad back in April this year.

The Galaxy Tab website was updated yesterday with a teaser video showing the new tablet computer. The new hardware device will feature a 7-inch display, HD video playback, eReader functionality and GPS navigation. Unlike Apple's iPad, Galaxy Tab will support Flash, as well as featuring a built-in camera and the ability to video conference. It will run on an Android 2.2 framework.

The product will be formally unveiled on 2nd September in Berlin. Whether or not it will be enough to worry Apple remains to be seen.

Why does everything have to be labeled the "iPod killer" or "iPad killer"? I saw the super quick video and it looks cool, the selling point will be the price though.

I always think that by touting something as a "something killer" you've already lost the battle. No-one ever called the iPod a "something killer" - same goes for Sony PlayStation (1 at least), Dyson vaccum cleaners, Nintendo Wii etc. It's kind of like in music when people or bands are described as 'the next...' - anything that good will be judged on its own merits and not again past benchmarks.

That said, it's the tinterwebs describing the Galaxy Tab as the "iPod killer" and not Samsung themselves as far as I know. Either way, it's lost the 'battle' already, even if it's just a battle in the imagination of geeks across the globe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back