Same sex marriages!

j7, I think that is the point, whatever goes on behind closed doors should be closed doors. However, some states recognize a common law marriage. Are gay couples that exceed that standard recognized as married? Probably not. I agree with you that this Dichotomy of marriage is something an old definition, Hell Virginia just repealed Blue laws That said nobody can work on sabbath. Old Laws Need to be updated.

My short view:

SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

Let the churches decide what they want "marriage to be" and let the legislative and judicial systems handle "civil unions"

dreamliner77 said:
My short view:

SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

Let the churches decide what they want "marriage to be" and let the legislative and judicial systems handle "civil unions"

heh heh... like the pledge of allegiance? riiiite. It will never happen. The pledge was originally written without the "under god" blurb in it. I grew up saying it the original way and all these politicians want it the way it is now. Because they want it that way. Where's the seperation of church and state. It will never happen and that is sad.

Politics and religion should be seperate!

Not fair as us atheists (me agnostic) get shut out.

I won't mention a religion which is so millitant they can't sperate religion from politics.

I think it's unfair on non-religious tax payers also!

Lee said:
Politics and religion should be seperate!

Not fair as us atheists (me agnostic) get shut out.

I won't mention a religion which is so millitant they can't sperate religion from politics.

I think it's unfair on non-religious tax payers also!

Wow, someone else that know the difference between atheist and agnostic. Heh, we're all heathens anyway...

Well to me RELIGION IS A BRAINWASHING TOOL!

Ohh yes I can say that as I was deeply religious once, I was hood winked. Never again!

Agnostic is not the same as atheist in some books, I kind of don't beleive as I can't prove either way, athesist say they can and beleive they can prove no such thing.

We are nealry similar.If you are interested click here!

Agnostic (solipsist) here.

I had to deal with a brief "enlistment" in the catholic church and I made my mind up pretty quick. Probably a good thing with all the problems with the clergy abuse things going on in the Boston Archdiosecse.

Talking about this 'dream', only problem I have is my fiance when we can raise 25 grand wants us to get married in a Church. I tell here why we have been together 14 years, what difference does it make.

I am stuck here, as to me registry offices are not very romantic, I am sure unless you're filthy rich in England you can't get married in your garden or outside of a Church.

I must find an agnostic type 'Church-meeting hall'.

I am stuck!

Lee said:
Talking about this 'dream', only problem I have is my fiance when we can raise 25 grand wants us to get married in a Church. I tell here why we have been together 14 years, what difference does it make.

I am stuck here, as to me registry offices are not very romantic, I am sure unless you're filthy rich in England you can't get married in your garden or outside of a Church.

I must find an agnostic type 'Church-meeting hall'.

I am stuck!

Hey I can marry you.

I is Ordained Minister in the Universal life church. :D

Just call me Reverend. :p

No affiliation to any religion.

Do a web-cam ceremony :p

Lee said:
Well to me RELIGION IS A BRAINWASHING TOOL!

Ohh yes I can say that as I was deeply religious once, I was hood winked. Never again!

Agnostic is not the same as atheist in some books, I kind of don't beleive as I can't prove either way, athesist say they can and beleive they can prove no such thing.

We are nealry similar.If you are interested click here!

:cool:

Word History: An agnostic does not deny the existence of God and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not they exist. The term agnostic was fittingly coined by the 19th-century British scientist Thomas H. Huxley, who believed that only material phenomena were objects of exact knowledge. He made up the word from the prefix a-, meaning “without, not,” as in amoral, and the noun Gnostic. Gnostic is related to the Greek word gnsis, “knowledge,” which was used by early Christian writers to mean “higher, esoteric knowledge of spiritual things” hence, Gnostic referred to those with such knowledge. In coining the term agnostic, Huxley was considering as “Gnostics” a group of his fellow intellectuals__“ists,” as he called them__who had eagerly embraced various doctrines or theories that explained the world to their satisfaction. Because he was a “man without a rag of a label to cover himself with,” Huxley coined the term agnostic for himself, its first published use being in 1870.

I would luv you to marry us, it would not be legal in England though, thanks for offer!

That sucks... Too bad. :(

heh heh, It would have been cool. Have everyone here at OSNN as guests and such, all on web-cams as a big link-up. :D

Only really read as far as Muzikools first post and gonaads reply, so I dunno if this has been said, but its not the equality of the people that is being fought for, its the equality of the marriage

Makes no difference to me if gay people are allowed to marry,I don't see why they shouldn't be able to :D
I was married in a registry office and neither of my kids were baptized,I'd be hypocrite if they were seeing as I don't go to any church and have no religion :)

Evil Marge said:
Makes no difference to me if gay people are allowed to marry,I don't see why they shouldn't be able to :D
I was married in a registry office and neither of my kids were baptized,I'd be hypocrite if they were seeing as I don't go to any church and have no religion :)
What John Lennon said to Forrest Gump!
John Lennon said:
What you got no religion
You're fine the way you are Marge!

IF civil unions yielded the same rights and financial benefits as marriage than we may not actually be having this discussion...

however since civil unions do not yield the same benefits as marriage it is only prudent to allow them to occur...

I have been thinking about this whole homosexual thing. I always thought it was 'hip' to be homosexual, single and free of kids.

All that disposable income, the 'PINK POUND' they call it here! Not that I want to be a homosexual or nowt!

State will never be seperated from Church as long as there are people willing to vote for church over state.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back