Safely Remove Hardware

N

Not Bman

You know that little icon that pops up when you plug something into your computer.

How do you get rid of that, without accually removing that hardware?

Re: Safly Remove Hardware

There are several existing thread with how to hide the icon. No one ever came up with a way of disabling the actual program.

Search safely remove hardware on the forum.

well if there all ways to hide it, I have it hidden. Thanks

if you have sata hard disks it will always show up, since SATA can hotswap :) Just make sure to pull both power and data out as near to the same time as possible if not using a hotswap bay :)

Yes I know that. I have a digital camera usb cable connected, which I always thought they didn't show up like that. I guess it depends on which kind.

Thanks

Right click on your "Task Bar". Click on "Properties". When the window opens the Task Bar section is open. Click on "Customize". Scroll down to the "Safely Remove Hardware" item and click on it. A drop down box opens next to it. Set it to "Always Hide". Click O.K.

Is this what you wanted Bman?

No no, I have already done that, I just think the taskbar looks better without the little arrrow or anything. I thought there was away to completly remove but I guess not.

Well do What I posted for everything and then maybe it will all go away.

Have you tried TweakUI? Under the "Taskbar and Start Menu" heading. Uncheck the "Show Taskbar Notification Icons" box. See what happens. And no, I am not gonna do it, you do it.

Have you tried TweakUI? Under the "Taskbar and Start Menu" heading. Uncheck the "Show Taskbar Notification Icons" box. See what happens. And no, I am not gonna do it, you do it.

In that section of TweakUI there is no "Show Taskbar Notification Icons"

and thats for things within the startmenu anyways..

I am not willing to pay $10 lmao...Looks like I'm stuck with it hiding only. I guess thats alright.

Thanks

I hate to be the one... but that annoyance is in Vista too!

The icon actually looks different though.

I think the "Show Taskbar Notification Icons" refers to the XP Ballons that popup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back