Safely Remove Hardware Tray icon

S

stuy_b

Is there a way to disable this tray icon? it anoys me that some of my USB devices make it appear, when I have no intention of removing them!

I know I can hide the icon from the startmenu/taskbar/customise but its still there, I want it gone completely!!

i currently have it for my usb modem and it really gets on my t!ts

So I take it this only happens on some usb devices? I've got three & I don't know what you are talking about. Suppose I should be happy.
small-boldyellow.gif

I have the same icon, but it's for my printer since I use it through a USB port. The icon only appears from some devices, that need to be stopped, before unplugging. It would probably appear for those, who use a USB hard drive or such. Doesn't show up for my mice though.

I got it as well for my USB cable modem, what I do is go to the taskbar properties, then customise hidden icons. just set it to always hide. You'll get the arrow to expand the icons in the system tray but it means you dont have to look at it all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back