Safely remove device shortcut?

illmaticone

OSNN Junior Addict
hey i have some computers using microsoft shared access and are for use for my co-workers however, when using a flash drive there is no safely remove usb device icon in the task bar, is there a way that i can create a short cut, that will do the same thing? once u click on it the user can now safely remove their drive.

some one recently lost their data due to this, and i need a solution. thanks

I used to have the same problem with my IDE-to-USB adapter, It took me a little while to find out how to get to the remove hardware screen when it’s missing so I could unplug the drive without corrupting everything, so here’s what i did.

1. Right-click on My Computer
2. Select “Properties”
3. Click on the “Hardware” tab at the top
4. Click on Device Manager
5. In my case, since it’s a hard drive, I click on “Disk drives.” For other devices, you might have to hunt around. (in your case look for " USB"
6. Right-click on the removable drive
7. Select “Properties”
8. Click on “Policies”
9. Under the “Optimize for performance” option, there should be a link called “Safely Remove Hardware.” If you click that, you’ll bring up the good old hardware removal screen that Windows was trying so hard to hide.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back