• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Safely remove device shortcut?

illmaticone

OSNN Junior Addict
hey i have some computers using microsoft shared access and are for use for my co-workers however, when using a flash drive there is no safely remove usb device icon in the task bar, is there a way that i can create a short cut, that will do the same thing? once u click on it the user can now safely remove their drive.

some one recently lost their data due to this, and i need a solution. thanks

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I used to have the same problem with my IDE-to-USB adapter, It took me a little while to find out how to get to the remove hardware screen when it’s missing so I could unplug the drive without corrupting everything, so here’s what i did.

1. Right-click on My Computer
2. Select “Properties”
3. Click on the “Hardware” tab at the top
4. Click on Device Manager
5. In my case, since it’s a hard drive, I click on “Disk drives.” For other devices, you might have to hunt around. (in your case look for " USB"
6. Right-click on the removable drive
7. Select “Properties”
8. Click on “Policies”
9. Under the “Optimize for performance” option, there should be a link called “Safely Remove Hardware.” If you click that, you’ll bring up the good old hardware removal screen that Windows was trying so hard to hide.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oggeytom