Safari for Windows... thoughts?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
I found it weird that my Apple Updates was telling me that Safari is available for download for Windows... which again, I'm running Windows XP. I decided to try Safari out just to see what's going on with it. I can legitimately say that to me, the browser is faster. I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up Firefox or not... so I'm really interested to hear what other users think about this Apple - Windows crossover.

Thoughts?

I tried safari for windows and thought it was really bad, I assume it works better on mac then windows...I also couldn't stand the lack of features

anyway, I know plenty of people think it's the best browser you can use

last time i used it, it was smidge buggy, and from what i hear MS may block the way Apple is pushing the way safari is installed

I did note that every single time I open Safari and then close it, I get one of those referenced memory error popups. I also noted that it's a bit of a memory hog... My firefox can drain memory over time, but Safari takes about 140mb of memory when first opening.

I was prompted for this last night by Apple Update as well. After a few obscentities, I quickly un-checked the box and closed the update.

IE FTW!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back