S3 Savage 2000 Video Card

S

sagee

hey everybody,
does anybody know where i can find the propper windows xp driver for the s3 savage 2000 64mb with tv out video card. my computer randomly reboots and says that it recovered from a serious error caused by the driver already installed. its driving me nuts. any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
shawn

official s3 drivers are HERE, but it seems the site is practically in a coma, right now. real real slow. good luck.

lol, okay... i looked into the savage 2000 drivers a bit more and it says "S3 Graphics is no longer updating generic drivers for this product."

sorry, man! maybe you and other people knew this. :confused: search the this forum and net for sites that have custom drivers, i guess.

new video card is an option, too. can get a nice gf2 ti for less than $70. if you're not a 3d person, i have a spare vanta lt... just pay for shipping. }:>

hey, the spare, is it agp or a pci card, this rebooting stuff is driving me up the wall, i'll be on the net or doing something else and the thing just freezes long enough to shout GOOD-BYE! before it reboots, all i know is i better type fast, who knows when the computer will decide to reboot. plus the card you mentioned how much mem is on there, i might just invest in as new card like you mentioned. oh and by the way, i'm new to the website and so far i love it, thanks for all the help.

thanks again
shawn

it's a 16mb agp vanta lt. my dad was usin it but he forked over $55 (total) for a geforce2 gts i told him to get cuz he wanted to play flight sim 98 with all the detail turned on. i don't ever see this vanta being used again.

unforunetly this wot happened to me when i brought the S3 card sometime back just when they cease production and driver support! sucks.... ill never ever buy a diamondmultimedia product ever again....

In most cases you will have to rely on support in the community who have the same card making there own drivers.

Originally posted by XG8
In most cases you will have to rely on support in the community who have the same card making there own drivers. [/B]
yeah, true... but at least we have that. you have to have respect for the people out there who simply don't just give up and buy a new video card, but want to get the most out of their money and refuse to let a lazy company prevent them from doing so. they do what they can with what they have and help countless other individuals with the same problem but lack the technical knowledge.

humankind is kinda neat sometimes. }:>

how long ago did the company drop out? on the driver cd that came with the card it has an xp and a 2000 driver. only thing is when i installed it, it mentioned that it hadn't passed win xp testing and that it might cause instability. 'instability'....they were right. are there a lot of people out there who make custom drivers? that would be sweet if someone did have a custom driver for this card. but untill then all important work gets completed on the laptop.

hey taurus, is there a chance that one of the other drivers that are on the link that you gave me would run more stable on xp? or is that out of the question?

thanks for all the help guys........and yes humanking is a wonderful thing.

take care,
sagee

hmmm i think the stop production 2 years before winxp came out. I still have the card but its in my MP3 box with dvd player....

nah, i wouldn't try drivers for another card...

but, i hope i have some good news... i poked around and found this site. first link is a "savage 2000 driver for windows xp". i dunno if build 428 is anything recent, but it should be better than the standard winxp one.

lemme know how it goes. }:>

My standard reply to anything S3 is always: "upgrade"... You can get a better card pretty cheap...

I have a 32megs card in one of my computers that crashes on anything OpenGL... I hate to part with it,,, it was SoTA when I bought it...

They're no real Xp drivers that I know of... However you might try 2k drivers,,, Which most "XP" drivers simply are...

Look for Diamond Viper II drivers, same chipset, basically rebadged. it worked for me....

beware... the diamond viper II and s3 savage 2000 are completely different cards. teh viper is a TNT2 chipset while the savage is an S3 chipset.

goatman, why don't you just use the latest nvidia drivers? they support the TNT2 chipset. try it.

hey taurus, if the offer on that spare vanta card still stands, i'd love to take you up on that. maybe in the mean time i'll be able to dig up a custom driver or one that works for this card.

hey goatman, what kind of video card do you have that the diamond viper driver worked for? was it an s3 card?

almost a fully functioning, personally built pc,
sagee

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back