s video?

B

banter

I have ti4200 with s video out. I have plugged it into a scart adapter then into my tv. But nothin Happens. Do i have to enable s-video out on the card?? Someone said it would appear as a second monitor but that did not happen!

how do i watch my comp on my tv with s vid/

thanks

I'm not sure how it works on nVidia cards, but on ATi cards with S-Video out, you need to go into the ATi Control Panel and enable TV-out. Check to see if there are any similar settings with the Detonators.

Something I heard from a customer yesterday got me thinking about cables.
On the display it says scart to s-video, and on the box itself it would say s-video to scart.
Just wondering if there is a difference between the two. i.e. signal goes in one direction only for each type of cable.
If this is true, then you'd have to check what type of cable you got.

you don't have this?:

device_sel.txt

I just updated to the latest drivers and now my desktop appears on my screen (and i do get those options now). However it is only in black + white!

I have it set to Pal I (for uk)

any suggestions

Originally posted by banter
I just updated to the latest drivers and now my desktop appears on my screen (and i do get those options now). However it is only in black + white!

I have it set to Pal I (for uk)

any suggestions

You may have a TV that doesn't support SVHS (s-video) signals. I have the same problem. You can try to find a converter for it (s-video -> composite video), but all of the converters I have tried were useless, I think only the really expensive ones (with all kinds of chips in it) work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back