Ruth Did it on Hot Dogs and Beer

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
RuthvsBarry.png

I love it.

Saw that in the stands about a week ago, at least they aren't throwing needles at him anymore :eek:

Lol...I read in this article:

In the hallowed company of Ruth and Aaron, Bonds is treated as the punchline to a joke, like the sign in left field that read, "For Sale: Life-Sized Bobblehead. See Leftfield." Or the one in the upper deck with an enormous asterisk-marked head drawn over a small body that read, "Life Size. Shrink This." Or the faux Giants jerseys that say "Cheater" on the front and "Juiced" arched over a No. 25 on the back. Or the people dressed in giant cardboard juice boxes marked "100% Roids." Or the "Got Juice?'' signs. Or the skinny guy with the T-shirt that said "Barry With Pirates" while his buddy, dressed in an inflatable sumo costume, wore one that said "Barry With San Fran." Or the sign that simply said, "Fraud*.' On and on it goes, the majesty of history trumped by lowbrow humor.

Cheater.

That simple sign may be the worst of it. An athlete being labeled a cheater is worse than being called soft or a loser or even a jerk. And yet that is the verdict on Bonds, a player once gifted with as great a package of all-around baseball skills the game had ever seen. And that, really, is why this tour toward history is so sad.

I hope, for the sake of all involved, that he really took steroids. It would be terrible to see fans be liars and a good man defamed. On the other hand, if he did take steroids, it's even sadder that a record was polluted by cheating. Judging from the size difference, I'm on the side of those who said he has.

Screw him. He did cheat. I don't care if it is still "technically" OK. The dude cheated.

Bonds hits 715 today, passing Babe Ruth.

The guy who caught the ball was actually in line at a concession stand, buying a hot dog, which was Babe's favorite food. Funny, isn't it?

EDIT: Actually, he was getting peanuts and beer :lick:

Last edited:
Bonds pisses me off.

Thread moved.

Tread lightly with this thread.

I love the guy.

I think he's one of the best players ever.

I assume you loved him before the drug stuff, maybe your just a true fan :)

There is no proof or evidence that he has ever used steroids... only speculation and hearsay. Innocent until proven guilty.

Give the guy a break. He is one of the best players to ever play the game of baseball.

I have a respect for great players. Bonds is not the most likable guy in teh world and everyone is looking for a fall-guy. That's the issue.

How bad does Giambi get it? He's as big as ever and he's STILL crushing home-runs. And he admitted to taking steroids knowingly didn't he?

I wish Bonds was 100% healthy so he could continue doing what he's been doing all this time and we could compare just how effective steroids would have been.

Alas, that's not so.

He's been at the top of his game for a VERY long time and he's been a consistent performer. Even now, with his rickety knee and his busted elbow, he is STILL performing and is one of the leaders of his team.

What he has achieved and is continuing to achieve is amazing and it is a true shame that he is not given his due credit.

Griffey and Bonds were 2 players I had huge respect for and I still do. Griffey continues to produce even after being, essentially, put back together. I LOVE griffy. Bonds is no different to me.

madmatt said:
There is no proof or evidence that he has ever used steroids... only speculation and hearsay. Innocent until proven guilty.

That should read "ever KNOWINGLY" taken. That's what he claims.

To me, I don't give a crap either way. He was not breaking any rules.

Give the guy a break. He is one of the best players to ever play the game of baseball.

Ditto.

Ahh yes, the "clear". Regardless of the usage. You can't name any other player in the history of the game that could go up to the plate and hit the ball like he does. Even at 40+ with two bad knees he is still able to play the game.

I don't dispute that. Like I said, I have a lot of respect for what Bonds can do and has been doing.

If you even have a small miniscule of fan-age for Baseball, you have to respect what Bonds has done. He has SMASHED records, such as Babe Ruth's previously unapproachable slugging percentage, and he actually slugged .809% over a 5-year period. Babe was the only person to do it once, let alone 5 years.

When he was REALLY on his game, he was intentionally walked so much. For him to maintain the concentration required to still hit home runs at the pace he did, was simply amazing. He is in the 700 HR and 500 SB club, while no one else is even in 400/400.

The stats go on, and on, and on. From a historical standpoint, he, quite simply put, will be the best statistical player whenever he decides to hang it up. Regardless if he has KNOWINGLY used them, which has still not been proven either way, he's still been the BEST at doing it. Other players, hitters, pitchers, etc, have used them knowingly or not, and he was still BETTER than them.

kcnychief said:
If you even have a small miniscule of fan-age for Baseball, you have to respect what Bonds has done. He has SMASHED records, such as Babe Ruth's previously unapproachable slugging percentage, and he actually slugged .809% over a 5-year period. Babe was the only person to do it once, let alone 5 years.

When he was REALLY on his game, he was intentionally walked so much. For him to maintain the concentration required to still hit home runs at the pace he did, was simply amazing. He is in the 700 HR and 500 SB club, while no one else is even in 400/400.

The stats go on, and on, and on. From a historical standpoint, he, quite simply put, will be the best statistical player whenever he decides to hang it up. Regardless if he has KNOWINGLY used them, which has still not been proven either way, he's still been the BEST at doing it. Other players, hitters, pitchers, etc, have used them knowingly or not, and he was still BETTER than them.

It doesn't matter if he knowingly used them or not. The fact remains that he did use them. For this fact, and this fact alone, Bonds will ALWAYS have the * by his stats.

Um, check your facts buddy. This has not yet been PROVEN that he did use them yet. That's why he's being investigated for possible purgery charges. Right now it's all heresay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back