running programs on partitions?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
i have three active partitions running on my machine. I have xp on a small HD just to use for a few things thats vista cant. My question is can i install a program to my vista from xp (thats already on my vista) and use the program on both partitions?

Its likely you'll have issues with the registry. If your app stores is configuration in an XML file in its own directory like I believe Filezilla can then you might be able to.

First off it won't regsiter properly. VISTA and XP have seperate registries. Simple app's (no rigistration required, limited files) will run. You will need to manually setup ShortCuts with file locations and execution folders.

You will also run into permissions problems. Setup and data files will need to be in a public (shared) folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back