Running a CS Server!

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Ok i'm running a counter strike server and i want to know why my my ip keeps on getting changed whenever i connect to the internet with dsl? The problem is that people that want to connect needs to know my ip to go on my server. thats thee problem

Because your IP changes everytime you log on, you've got a dynamic IP, it changes every time.

Static IP does not do that.

Or it's the other way around, either dynamic changes, or static, one of those :D

He is right, you have a dynamic IP. You need a static IP to keep it to one, but that costs a lot of $$$...

Originally posted by o_87
He is right, you have a dynamic IP. You need a static IP to keep it to one, but that costs a lot of $$$...

I'v never even heard of DSL with static IP.

I have cable, and it comes with static IP :) :p

There are programs that direct people to the IP though, if you have dynamic. Something like that, but you are going to have to enter the new IP manually each time, blah, it's a hassle.

Or we can solve the problem very easily. Use DNS-redirect! For instance No-IP. Works very well.

Originally posted by Nick M
I'v never even heard of DSL with static IP.
An ISP here in Sweden (Bostream) has DSL with static IP. Most of the cable companies here however use dynamic...

Originally posted by Nick M
I've never even heard of DSL with static IP.

I have cable, and it comes with static IP :) :p

until lately most dsl around here WAS static, and it was the cable that was dynamic. while my new verizon dsl is dynamic my friend has someone else and is static, we have a server running there with email/web/etc...

the no ip thing might work or the static can be had starting for about $50 and up depends on you speed u&d

In the UK most A-DSL services are static IP except BT Openworld, I believe. I use Demon, and that certainly is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back