run firefox as favorite from ie?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I have firefox in my bookmarks and I can luanch it from there, but I get the double warning without an opt out of the warning

I get "do you want to run this file"

and "it's not digitally signed"

I ok and firefox is launched but I would love it to just launch without the warnings.

of course I would love it to launch in a new tab but I don't think that's gonna happen

also, is there a way to get ie to launch in a new tab on firefox?

He wants the other way around j79zlr, launching FF from IE.

I tried placing a shortcut to FF in the favourites folder under my user account and it launched it without any prompt. Are you using IE7 by any chance? I tested this with IE6.

EDIT: If you want to launch a new tab in FF use this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -new-tab [URL]http://www.michaelsoft.info/home/index.asp?color=black[/URL]

For me this launches the site I use for my homepage. Otherwise its a blank tab I believe.

Last edited:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

It adds an entry to the context menu on firefox that gives you the option to open the link in a new tab with IE.

thanx j79, that's ok for firefox, but the admiral is right, I want to do it in ie also

He wants the other way around j79zlr, launching FF from IE.

I tried placing a shortcut to FF in the favourites folder under my user account and it launched it without any prompt. Are you using IE7 by any chance? I tested this with IE6.

EDIT: If you want to launch a new tab in FF use this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -new-tab [URL]http://www.michaelsoft.info/home/index.asp?color=black[/URL]

For me this launches the site I use for my homepage. Otherwise its a blank tab I believe.

it's ie7, and I have it in the favorites folder but I get the security prompt every time, I don't really want to turn off the prompt for everything, but I do want to turn it off for this

the shortcut you posted does the same thing for me admiral

Ah my bad, forgot it was IE. :nervous:

I refuse to install IE7 because of all the annoying prompts it adds.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back