Run Everquest in a Window

B

bandit99

Can Anyone tell me how to run Sony's on-line game in a window?
It now controls the entire desktop and you can not access MS-Messenger to have voice contact with fellow players. It works fine
if you establish communications before You enter the game. If someone is dis-connected for any reason, everyone has to leave the game to re-establish voice contact. Can this be done with XP without using one of the " banned " programs available on the Net.

Any help appreciated.

Got hooked on games after I retired, guess it's more fun than
whittling.

There usd to be a hack a while back that enabled you to run EQ in window mode but since the Luclin expansion I'm not sure you can still do that. I know EQ supports some of the "chat" programs (roger wilco and voice commander come to mind..) but as you said you need to establish connection before you start EQ. I would check some of the EQ fan sites for any info how to run in windowed mode though.

Actually, EQ has "banned" all outside programs to prevent packet sniffers/modifiers... although all the ones I know of won't work in an NT-based system anyway ;-p

and u can't start rw (roger wilco) before u start a game?

You can before you start the game but not during the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back