Run Commands

• Thread starter computerfreak76
  • Start date
C

computerfreak76

does anyone have or know of a site that lists run commands such as msconfig,ipconfig,regedit etc?

Start Google and look for "Windows XP" "command line utilities".
Should find you some at least. There are many more though.
I'm not sure if there is a comprehensive list available. I will keep searching.

So you seach and find contol.exe. And then what? How do you use that in a DOS-box? And what do you do with the net.exe command? Apart from that: why not also look for the *.msc files? You can use those in the Run-box as well.
I know most of the answers to those questions, but not everybody does. And I may not even have all the answers :p
The question therefore remains: does anybody know a comprehensive list of all commands you can use in the Run box?

run this command, it'll open a command line reference help file.
%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

Apart from these commandline utilities, you can start every program on your computer from the run dialogue, in many cases without typing the path or extension. You can open special folders such as FONTS or SENDTO just by typing the name. Same applies for every folder that you have on your desktop. Just typing a period will open your user profile folder in Documents and Settings.
A tip for hardcore nostalgicans. Typing progman will open the Windows 3.1 program manager, which is still part of XP. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back