Run AMD or Intel CPU on the same board?

pretty cool nonetheless tho.

I wonder what other manufacturers will do and if they will follow this lead :)

Since you can only use one CPU at a time (controlled by the jumpers on the board), what's the point? Except maybe for software development. But even then it feels like a cumbersome solution.

i meant from the point of upgrading.

AMD64, but then perhaps Intel will release a better chip and you could just buy an addon card and utilise it, rather than having to replace mobo aswell the processor :)

there was another board like this bout a year ago I forget who made it but otherwise it about the same. I remember that using the add-on card for the other cpu you took a decent hit in speed etc of the system

well the idea isnt a bad one, but it hasn't been implemented properly. I mean look at the design. Say you use the card and wanna run a 939 A64 with a decent after market air cooling setup which naturally will be made of copper and hence quite heavy, i dont see how a little PCB fixed to the mobo on only one side will be able to support the weight of the cooler without bending.

i also noticed that the mobo has two pcie-16x slots. how the hell you gonna use two graphics cards on it with a huge Heatsink between them?

if the 939 socket was fit on the actual mobo instead of an addon card I think it would have been better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back