RTCW probs

C

creep

I just installed RTCW and when i run the single-player mode, the screen flickers a few times then it returns to windows... w/an error button but no error message

any ideas?

Need more info...

error button but no error msg normally means problem is Graphics related... what Graphics card u got? try increasing refresh rate... tell us MORE :)

MdSalih

I'm using an ATI All-in-wonder 128
I also have an old Voodoo2 but XP won't recognize it

hmmm, what else?

hmmmm...

Not familiar with that card/haven;t seen that card come up on any forums b4... so can't help any further :(

MdSalih

iv heard one or two problems ike yours with RTCW, read through the support file that comes wiht RTCWm see if ur hardware is supported. usually everyone i have talked to trace their problems back to that.

hmmm, it should work on my ATI card cuz it's listed under the chipsets tested for RTCW....

and i'm using the latest drivers for xp... not the ones from the xp cd but the newer ones off the site

The problem is OpenGL, most likely. You may need to grab a different versio of drivers, or some add-in for OpenGL support. I ran into this with certain versions of Detonator drivers on my TNT awhile ago. The problem was resolved with different drivers.
/L.A

hmmm, maybe i'll try out the 2000 drivers for my ati card

i checked the .txt files included w/the game in the rtcw folder and theres some mention of my ati card so it should work.

wtf is going on?

these latest drivers do support openGL so what gives? :mad:

Well i've got a problem with RTCW on similar lines

yeah i've got a question, how the hell do you change the graphics card in RTCW?!?!? it's obsessed with my Voodoo2's and it runs like a dog, I've got a Geforce2 and I want to use that but RTCW doesn't have a video card selecter ala Quake3 so i'm screwed, please somebody help me!!

what OS are ya running dude? wouldn't happen to be XP would it?

cuz i can't get my voodoo2 to work in XP

because it runs better than my ATI all in wonder 128 card w/games and 3d stuff

Voodoo2's and Xp, yeah it works, damned if i know why RTCW hates the Geforce2

it's simple to get the voodoo's working in Xp, Creep all you need to do is goto
3dFx's Website and then download the drivers for win2k using GLIDE i cannot stress how important it is to get the glide drivers, and then extract them into a dir and install them as you would any driver using "Have Disk" and the like, btw, nothing beats UT with 2 voodoo2's in Sli :D

but still can anyone point me to a faq / fix for RTCW so i can change video cards in the game?:confused:

I have a problem with flickering graphics on my RTCW too but it does not crash its just unplayable due to the rapid flashing........it only happens when I use non WHQL driver releases for my GeForce 3 card. Don't know why and I really wanted to use those new 42.68's too :mad: the ones that work with RTCW are the 41.09's. I never had this driver problem before on my VIA board and thunderbird; I think it is something to do with my chipset instructions, or the nforce2 and my graphics card. BTW the graphics card is the same as the one I used on my VIA chip board but all drivers used to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back