RTCW Ping Problem

P

PUN1SHER

Ok guys and gals I need your expertise. I have been running Windows 98SE for years with no problems until a few months ago so I finally installed the full version of XP HE. I have been playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein MP for a couple of years now when I was running 98 my ping online was 60 - 95 usually never over 100. Now with XP I am getting ping from 200 - 600. Very big difference in perormance. I have taken steps to free up system resources, downloaded the latest drivers for my cable modem but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Originally posted by PUN1SHER
Ok guys and gals I need your expertise. I have been running Windows 98SE for years with no problems until a few months ago so I finally installed the full version of XP HE. I have been playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein MP for a couple of years now when I was running 98 my ping online was 60 - 95 usually never over 100. Now with XP I am getting ping from 200 - 600. Very big difference in perormance. I have taken steps to free up system resources, downloaded the latest drivers for my cable modem but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

do you use a router/firewall of any kind?

I noticed when I went from win2k to win XP that my pings flew up and it was something buggered with teh firewall :)

I messed around.. forwarded the appropriate ports for the server and BOOM... all fixed...

might work for you... if you have a firewall of any kind..

I use Zone Alarm Pro and I cannot seem to find where to input specific ports on the program.

Pun1sher make certain that all your XP built in firewalls are turned off for lan and your internet connection and just stick with your zonealarm,

You can quit the xp firewall by getting your lan or internet connection up > then properties > then advanced tab> then untick "protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access from the internet"

Skazz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back