RSS Options

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I'm sure a lot of you out there read a bunch of websites as I do....

How do you manage your RSS? Do you have a widget or something similar on your desktop?

I'm going to be customizing my new rig, and this was one of the things I wanted to start doing :)

if you use firefox, it has a menu, inside or like the bookmark menu. It just shows up as a bookmark, say if you have one for here, and if you put mouse over it opens all the new things and such...

Don't want to use Firefox. I am a loyal IE user and want to remain that way ;)

I know the IE 7 beta has some functionality, but I was more looking for a desktop-side application.

I used to use Firefox's built in Live Bookmarks feature, but that becomes too hard to use once you have more than 15 sites.

I recommend checking out http://bloglines.com

P.S. Loyalty to a piece of software = *******s.

Edit: I can't believe we can't say b.ollocks.

Grandmaster said:
I used to use Firefox's built in Live Bookmarks feature, but that becomes too hard to use once you have more than 15 sites.

I recommend checking out http://bloglines.com

P.S. Loyalty to a piece of software = *******s.

Edit: I can't believe we can't say b.ollocks.
ha, this is my favorite answer in the Help Section:

How Much Does Bloglines Cost?

Nothing. Zip. Nada. Bloglines is completely free.

Thanks GM, I may give that a shot. Even better it's not an app I have to install, something I can just watch on the web.

wwwdjrcs said:
ha, this is my favorite answer in the Help Section:

Thanks GM, I may give that a shot. Even better it's not an app I have to install, something I can just watch on the web.

Definitely. A huge advantage of using an online aggregator instead of something installed on your PC is that you can stay updated through different machines.

Last edited:
Grandmaster said:
Definitely. A huge advantage of using an online aggregator instead of something installed on your PC because you can stay updated through different machines.
Word, good point. I was only thinking about it in regards to resources and such, but that's a great point :)

Do you use it yourself?

wwwdjrcs said:
Word, good point. I was only thinking about it in regards to resources and such, but that's a great point :)

Do you use it yourself?

Every single day. It's getting a bit crazy. I have 127 feeds I keep track of :p

Wow.

We may need to do some insider-trading when I get this setup :)

Can I get a screenie as to what it looks like?

That seems pretty cool, I might start using this aswell.

Thanks

It's really cool but I have a problem with it. I have a feed for here for it, and it dosent show anynew ones. Dosent show any new posts....everyother thing works but this one?

Well probably something wrong with that feed if all others work. Which feed is busted?

If you type the feed into a web browser directly, does it show different output than from bloglines?

Man.......

I am trying this out now, simply amazing. I think I'm going to set this as my start page.

Now, let's all start sharing!

EDIT: I'm up to 71 feeds already, woo!

Last edited:
Yeah, I prefer online aggregators too. I used Bloglines for a long time, but I've been using NewsGator Online recently because I find that the UI is a little cleaner. They're both awesome though. :)

Another bloglines user here, fantastic aggregator :D

Grandmaster said:
Every single day. It's getting a bit crazy. I have 127 feeds I keep track of :p
I have 232 now :ermm:

Speedy/GM/Nets - is there a way we can share our feeds? I only used it for a few quick minutes, but it doesn't appear to have an export or a buddy feature. Or, would we just have to copy and paste things here?

I'm gonna look into this when I get back to work shortly....

You guys probably already know this, but you can export your subscriptions from the Edit menu.

Now, GIMMIE! :devious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back