RSS Options

All you have to do is view our profiles on bloglines, and you can see all the feeds.

I use live.com to read the few feeds i subscribe to

This is getting a bit annoying...

Each time I visit, or probably every-other-refresh, it shows certain feeds as having new content. Sometimes they have 1 new, and flood with 20 to 40 more, and sometimes there is nothing new. Fatwallet and Google News do this every time, anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• rss.JPG
    rss.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 72
wwwdjrcs said:
This is getting a bit annoying...

Each time I visit, or probably every-other-refresh, it shows certain feeds as having new content. Sometimes they have 1 new, and flood with 20 to 40 more, and sometimes there is nothing new. Fatwallet and Google News do this every time, anyone else notice this?

Yeah it's a very annoying problem. It has more to do with the feeds then with bloglines, I think. I don't know how to get around it.

Actually I ended up removing Google News just because it would re-add everything and that would mean my reading list would grow exponentially ;p

I removed a whole bunch of stuff that I no longer read, but I'm attaching my OPML file from bloglines. ;)

Edit: The forum doesn't let me upload files with an XML extension. Try here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13999208/bloglines_subscriptions.xml.html

I was pretty sure it was the feed. I may start removing offenders like that, silly feckers! They probably just want to keep padding page hits, and hope you may visit more if you think a story has been updated or is new.

I'm gonna go check out your list :)

I have always subscribed to this service, but am pretty behind on the ones waiting in my inbox :D

Here is the page where you can personalize the categories of RSS you subscribe to, might be worth a visit if any of you give a salt ;)

http://www.kbalertz.com/allKbs.aspx

For anyone who doesn't know, this service monitors the MS KB Articles and sends out a notice anytime one of them are added/updated :)

NewsGator has been giving me some weird quirky issues, I'm not really a fan. The "synch" feature which was acclaimed as being the "bread and butter" from a salesperson, has been a huge disappointment.

I'm now going to try something new - it is free for now while in Beta and will eventually cost $30 for the Pro version to support podcasting

The product is called GreatNews - http://www.curiostudio.com/download.html

Coolest thing so far about this, is that instead of synchronizing with the cruddy online NewsGator servers, it actually synchronizes with Bloglines, which is something I have used/liked for awhile.

Stay tuned :smoker: :cool:

I've stayed away from desktop applications for the reason that they don't sync with Bloglines. Hopefully the OSS app, Vienna will be adding that in a future release though.

Checkout http://newshutch.com

Been using it for a couple weeks. A bit slower than Bloglines, but much prettier :p

All they need to re-add is a "mark all feeds as read" button, which they removed because of some server issues.

Also I'm going to drastically reduce the number of feeds I keep track of. I realize I don't really use much of the **** I read anyway.

Started using it hours after they popped up on the net :p

Pretty much went straight back to bloglines though, might give it another try.

I just started to check out Newshutch, I really really like it, but its too friggin slow, I want them to fix it!!

I only thing I really hate about all these feed readers, is that most of them suck for digg.com, because of the whole digg feature, you can't really use that feature while using most readers..

Newshutch has been really slow the past few hours :(

I just started to check out Newshutch, I really really like it, but its too friggin slow, I want them to fix it!!

I only thing I really hate about all these feed readers, is that most of them suck for digg.com, because of the whole digg feature, you can't really use that feature while using most readers..
Ehm... click the link, go to the article, Digg it? Been using Digg via bloglines since it launched, without problem.

As for Newshutch, I don't like how you have to mark everything read manually, I'm too used to the bloglines way of reading.

I think I am back to Bloglines again myself, at least for now.

While FeedDeemon touted it's ability to since with the NewsGators servers, which would essentially give me the ability to read in more than one location, it was buggy at best and unreliable. I will give it one thing though, their support is responsive and top notch via e-mail.

GreatNews lasted all of 5 minutes, I hated the interface :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back