• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RSS Options

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I'm sure a lot of you out there read a bunch of websites as I do....

How do you manage your RSS? Do you have a widget or something similar on your desktop?

I'm going to be customizing my new rig, and this was one of the things I wanted to start doing :)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
if you use firefox, it has a menu, inside or like the bookmark menu. It just shows up as a bookmark, say if you have one for here, and if you put mouse over it opens all the new things and such...

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Don't want to use Firefox. I am a loyal IE user and want to remain that way ;)

I know the IE 7 beta has some functionality, but I was more looking for a desktop-side application.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
I used to use Firefox's built in Live Bookmarks feature, but that becomes too hard to use once you have more than 15 sites.

I recommend checking out http://bloglines.com

P.S. Loyalty to a piece of software = *******s.

Edit: I can't believe we can't say b.ollocks.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Grandmaster said:
I used to use Firefox's built in Live Bookmarks feature, but that becomes too hard to use once you have more than 15 sites.

I recommend checking out http://bloglines.com

P.S. Loyalty to a piece of software = *******s.

Edit: I can't believe we can't say b.ollocks.
ha, this is my favorite answer in the Help Section:

How Much Does Bloglines Cost?

Nothing. Zip. Nada. Bloglines is completely free.
Thanks GM, I may give that a shot. Even better it's not an app I have to install, something I can just watch on the web.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
wwwdjrcs said:
ha, this is my favorite answer in the Help Section:

Thanks GM, I may give that a shot. Even better it's not an app I have to install, something I can just watch on the web.
Definitely. A huge advantage of using an online aggregator instead of something installed on your PC is that you can stay updated through different machines.

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Grandmaster said:
Definitely. A huge advantage of using an online aggregator instead of something installed on your PC because you can stay updated through different machines.
Word, good point. I was only thinking about it in regards to resources and such, but that's a great point :)

Do you use it yourself?

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
wwwdjrcs said:
Word, good point. I was only thinking about it in regards to resources and such, but that's a great point :)

Do you use it yourself?
Every single day. It's getting a bit crazy. I have 127 feeds I keep track of :p

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Wow.

We may need to do some insider-trading when I get this setup :)

Can I get a screenie as to what it looks like?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
It's really cool but I have a problem with it. I have a feed for here for it, and it dosent show anynew ones. Dosent show any new posts....everyother thing works but this one?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Well probably something wrong with that feed if all others work. Which feed is busted?

If you type the feed into a web browser directly, does it show different output than from bloglines?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Man.......

I am trying this out now, simply amazing. I think I'm going to set this as my start page.

Now, let's all start sharing!

EDIT: I'm up to 71 feeds already, woo!

Last edited:
Yeah, I prefer online aggregators too. I used Bloglines for a long time, but I've been using NewsGator Online recently because I find that the UI is a little cleaner. They're both awesome though. :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Speedy/GM/Nets - is there a way we can share our feeds? I only used it for a few quick minutes, but it doesn't appear to have an export or a buddy feature. Or, would we just have to copy and paste things here?

I'm gonna look into this when I get back to work shortly....

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
You guys probably already know this, but you can export your subscriptions from the Edit menu.

Now, GIMMIE! :devious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies