Rrod

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Gutted switched the xbox on to get greeted by the three red lights of doom :(

Though I am not a M$/360 supporter. I do feel sorry for all you guys getting the RROD.

Seriously, the Rate of failure is pretty bad. Even with the new chipset.

Spending a lot of money for a system and you have to worry about it burning up.

I'll pass

Though I am not a M$/360 supporter. I do feel sorry for all you guys getting the RROD.

Seriously, the Rate of failure is pretty bad. Even with the new chipset.

Spending a lot of money for a system and you have to worry about it burning up.

I'll pass

Yeah its not a huge amount of fun, I remeber when you could just buy a console and it would live forever, I don't know anybody who had to keep sending thier N64 away. Unfortunatly If you want a high-def console it seems you must take a trade with reliability. The 360 with its red ring of death (and video issues?), and the PS3 with its yellow light of death and blu-ray laser issues.

Even the low powered wii suffered problems from leaving it in standby and the wifi chip cooking the GPU.

Maybe I should of stuck to PC gaming :)

Woo seems its on it way back already (have my UPS return tracking number) I may get this as soon as tomorrow which is impressive given it was only picked up last thursday.

With a quick turn around, Its looks like they just gave you a replacement. I would check your serial# to be sure.

at least you will be able to play games again :)

I got a death with my first one, but i used to take it to friends houses and ****. When i got my replacement i just keep it in one spot and clean it a lot and i have not had an issue since. Been a few years now. I think there are just a lot of vibration sensitive parts in them.

I haven't had an issue in the 7 months I've had mine. I like it but I barely use it.

mine's been fine since I bought it (the january after mass effect came out). However long that is :D

I use the pc substantially more though.

Cheers Guys, the status has not changed with UPS, hopefully it is outdated and it will actually arrive today. (Status is thay have recived the order but not the package yet). RROD seems to be really variable, wil have to see how the replacment fairs, of course I would not mind getting the very lastest hardware if it is a replacement :)

I received mine after it it RRoD'd a week earlier than the date posted online so you might be experiencing the same thing.

I received mine after it it RRoD'd a week earlier than the date posted online so you might be experiencing the same thing.

The status changed in the end, and I got a fully repaired xbox back in a week. Considering it went to Germany and had a new main board fitted that was pretty good service :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back