RPGs for PC

NuclearSmegma

This Space for Rent
I used to love playing Fantasy RPGs but haven't in a long time. Been playing Raven Shield and UT 2003.

I loved Final Fantasy 7. I also liked the old Playstation games like the Phantasy Star series and Legend of Dragoon.

What's out there these days for RPGs that aren't based online?

Off the top of my head...

Knights of the Old Republic
Neverwinter Nights (it's two expansions)
Deus Ex 2

These are on the PC, but I have a feeling you may have wanted console based RPGs.

isnt Neverwinter Nights online? and you have to pay monthly for it?

Bman™ said:
isnt Neverwinter Nights online? and you have to pay monthly for it?

You can play it online ... but the main game and campaign is single player. There is an online component so you can play the campaign or user created modules (which you can also play single player). You don't have to pay for it.

vern said:
Off the top of my head...

Knights of the Old Republic
Neverwinter Nights (it's two expansions)
Deus Ex 2

These are on the PC, but I have a feeling you may have wanted console based RPGs.

My bad - I'm looking for PC games. My graphics card can't hande KOTOR. I only have a GeForce 2 MX 64mb. I borrowed the game from a friend and the opening credits started - then my system crapped. He told me the game rocked. That thought me thinking about other games out there. Dark Age of Camelot looks good but the online is no good for me.

I'm even looking for something along the style of Evercrack.

I just don't keep up on games enough to know.

Ok...here's my list! By the way, Final Fantasy-style RPGs used to be all I'd play until I found games like Baldur's Gate and Gothic.

FF-style:
Grandia 2
Septerra Core

Traditional (like offline EQ-style):
Wizardry 8
Gothic, Gothic 2
Baldur's Gate 2 (and 1...I saw them as a set for $20)

By the way, check out Just-RPG.com for a huge listing and a lot of reviews. Also, the link in my sig goes to Japanese RPG ROMS for the SNES that never made it to the US (translated now)!

Icewind Dale I + II are also pretty cool. Bit more hack & slash though.
Also had alot of fun with Dungeon Siege. If you pick up DS's expansion pack Legends of Aranna you'll get the original DS for free.

yeah, Dungeon Siege would be a great offline RPG to look into! The expansions make it a lot more fun!

Red Alert 2
Neverwinter Nights
Diablo II
Desperados (the BEST!)

HandyBuddy said:
...Grandia 2...

I loved that game. But IMO, there really isn't any good RPGs out there currently. I'd go back to SNES or PSX RPGs, like HandyBuddy said. They rock. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back