RPC Virus Dectected??

paul2-0-0-2

OSNN Senior Addict
Some1 just posted this on a Fourm i go on just now

Though i'd ask for him :)

He said this:

what is this, it just popped up when i was on the net, is it a real warning or summit else???

then

yeah i knew about the virus, but what im asking is what is that pop-up warning me about it. ive never had something like that pop-up on my comp before.

ive done a norton anti-virus scan and its showed nothing

Any help would be great thx in advance

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 64
Looks bogus to me, Internet Explorer wouldn't pop up to warn you about a virus.

Its a spyware message, probably just a popup or Windows Messenger service.

u can turn the messager service off in the controle panel/ admin tools/ services - than the messenger service, most of the time everyone i kno turns it off becayse it is not needed

Heh by the time RPC exploit is detected you'd already be counting down to reboot.

I even got it from Mozilla haha

You can also disable Messenger an easier way then going through services, stop by www.grc.com and download the Shoot the Messenger prog. It disables it with a click of a button.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back