royale theme problems with sp2 ?

jlim0930

OSNN Newbie
I have been using the royale theme for xp and it worked perfectly before i installed sp2. but after installing sp2 on the start menu it does not list recently used applications.

i have went into the properties and looked for the settings to change it but couldnt find it..

anyone know of a fix ?

Thanks

i have attached the screenshot

Thanks

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 125
Look at the attachment. Have you tried that? If it still doesn't work, then open the different programs 2-3 times and see if they add up.

If you right click an executable file or a shortcut, do you have the option to "pin to start menu"? And does the shortcut show up in the area marked "this area" when you do?

i believe that this is a problem with the royale theme and sp2

i do have the options set per ~bk's suggestion it always have been set like that

and when i do pin to start menu it lists it under the internet explorer and outlook and there is no bar to seperate it from the recently used items which is usually listed below that.

ok i just installed the royale theme its its working fine with me, i think i know what the problem is for u, did u just run ad-aware and clear the mru? thats the folder with a mangifying glass, its not spyware, its ur recently opend apps and documents on the start menu, it will clear the list, and the programs wont start coming back until u restart the computer, so try restarting it and opening a program 3 or 4 times see if it comes back

when i first installed the royale theme it was working fine until i rebooted my machine then the recently opened items disappeared..
can you try that and see ?

thanks

yup works for me, when is the last time u used ad-aware se?

here is my screenie, i really think its ad-aware that mixed u up, cuz i did that but i knew why it happend, then the programs wouldnt come back into the start menu until i restarted my pc

ohh ps, i forgot to say that i really like this theme, its a really nice "Remix" of the original xp theme, cuz i get really bored of that theme, but they seemed to know that people do and make it a lil more smooth i guess

Attachments

• royale.JPG
    royale.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 79
on mine its missing that horizontal bar below where the bar is under your winamp icon

do you have sp2 installed? on my other machine without sp2 its working fine

I have this theme installed on 3 computers and all is well. I even run adaware se and clear the mru list and still have not encounterd a problem.

i am running sp2 yes, have been since it came out,

R-click taskbar, properties, Start Menu tab, Customize...
Centre section 'Programs' you can set number of recently used programs to list and/or clear the list.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back